We have been trialling a new plug-in this month on our own site to see if it helps to reduce the bandwidth used when downloading responsive designs onto mobile platforms. So far we are excited to announce it’s working really well and we are ready to offer this same opportunity to our clients.
Mobile web use is on the increase, a growing trend and for good reason. A recent survey shows that Australian smartphone penetration sits at 52%, up 15% from 2011.
Recent figures suggest that more people will access mobile devices than desktops within a few years, possibly as soon as 2013. We are fast approaching the point at which a mobile strategy is obligatory for all new web projects and not just a ‘nice to have’ feature.
- What is Responsive Web Design?
- How does it differ from Mobile Web?
- Who would benefit from Responsive Web Design over Mobile Web?
- When do you need to consider a mobile site instead?
- Is a mobile ready site really that important?
- Development in ExpressionEngine
- Learning more about Responsive Design